What is equity crowdfunding?
Equity crowdfunding is the offering of unregistered securities through a registered funding portal/platform to raise small amounts of money from a large pool of non-accredited and/or accredited investors. These securities may be common shares, non-convertible preferred shares, convertible preferred shares, non-convertible debt securities, convertible debt securities, limited partnership units, trust units, or flow-through shares. Other terms used to describe equity crowdfunding are investment crowdfunding, securities-based crowdfunding, raising equity online or distributing securities over the internet.
What is a common share/stock?
Common stock is a security that shows ownership in a company and entitles holders to one vote per share on all matters submitted to a vote of the stockholders of the company. Holders of a majority of the shares of common stock are entitled to vote in any election of directors and may elect all of the directors standing for election. Subject to preferences that may apply to any preferred stock outstanding the holders of outstanding shares of common stock are entitled to receive ratably any dividends declared by a company’s board of directors out of assets legally available. Upon the liquidation, dissolution, or winding up of a company, holders of common stock are entitled to share ratably in all assets remaining after payment of liabilities and the liquidation preference of any then-outstanding shares of preferred stock. Holders of common stock have no preemptive or conversion rights or other subscription rights related to their share ownership. There are no redemption or sinking fund provisions applicable to the common stock.
- Comprehensive and transparent funding solution
- Proprietary developed pitch, business and operations tools
- Detailed equity module with advanced data capture for due diligence
- Equity Placement + Equity Crowdfunding Functionality
- Detailed RFP and Resource Module for enhanced profiling
- Experienced staff and support services for easy team assistance
- Online + Offline support for your capital raising
- Competitive tailored fee structures for your business
- Strategic consulting services
- Hands on management experience with start ups