Lend and Debt FAQ
What is a debt security?
A debt security is a security that represents money borrowed that must be repaid, with terms that define the amount borrowed, interest rate, and maturity/renewal date; it may be secured or unsecured. Debt securities include government and corporate bonds, certificates of deposit (CDs), promissory notes, debentures, preferred stock and collateralized securities (such as collateralized debt obligation (CDOs) and collateralized mortgage obligation (CMOs)). A debt security may carry the right to convert into equity under certain circumstances. In terms of seed financing, debt securities usually automatically convert to shares of discounted preferred stock upon closing a Series “A” round based upon the terms of the security. Debt securities are beneficial to early stage companies with little traction and revenue, as they don't require the company to set a valuation.
- Comprehensive and transparent funding solution
- Proprietary developed pitch, business and operations tools
- Detailed equity module with advanced data capture for due diligence
- Equity Placement + Equity Crowdfunding Functionality
- Detailed RFP and Resource Module for enhanced profiling
- Experienced staff and support services for easy team assistance
- Online + Offline support for your capital raising
- Competitive tailored fee structures for your business
- Strategic consulting services
- Hands on management experience with start ups